I Will Do the Digging

Let's work together to research, or better yet, I will do the digging and provide you with the essential details. That's how I prefer it. When investigating, I don't want to read a whole book and see the same information repeated on every page. You want to get to the point as fast as possible if you're like me. Our shared goal is to conduct efficient research, and this approach is designed to meet our needs. We will work together to accomplish this goal.

My diagnosis was two going on three years ago, abt the age of 45. I have questioned if I feel like I have had a BD all my life, and I have to say that after learning more about BD, unfortunately, I believe I have.
My first question after my diagnosis was, do I have to live with this forever? The answer was yes, which led to, will I struggle even when I take my medication? That answer was that it would likely continue to happen until your medication was correct, and then there would be fewer and further between before you do, so yes. After all, this is what I have learned so far.

Bipolar Disorder was, formerly called manic depression. It is a mental health condition that yields intense mood swings. These include dynamic highs, also known as mania or hypomania, and lows, also known as depression.

A Mental Disorder, sometimes referred to as a mental illness, is a behavioral or mental routine that generates substantial despair or impairment of personal functioning. 

Now that we have the two definitions above, we can search for what we need to learn to help us achieve a life with as few plunges and ascensions as possible while understanding how to live with a disorder.
I want to start with the top three things that are the best places to get started. I am using what I have learned from my recovery thus far, but I am still learning, so the priority is subject to change. If a stand-alone word is in bold, the definition is below and will be in the glossary I have created.
Number one, Education, is the one I feel is the most important, as this is understanding your diagnosis and educating yourself about Bipolar Disorder. Learning your symptoms, triggers, and treatment options can help you to manage your condition more effectively. Trying to Keep track of your mood changes and triggers can assist you and your healthcare provider in adjusting your treatment plan as needed, which can be a long and strenuous journey. If you feel comfortable, educate those around you about Bipolar Disorder. Lastly, educating yourself can help your supporters understand your experiences and provide better support. Educating those around you is a significant part of the recovery process.

Number two, Monitor your moods and medications. Keep track of your mood changes and triggers. Familiarizing yourself can help you and your healthcare provider adjust your treatment plan as needed. Medication can be a vital part of managing Bipolar Disorder. You should always take your medications as directed by your healthcare provider. Even if you don't think they are working. If that happens, continue to take your medication and make an appointment to discuss it with your provider. I have been told and read many times that the number one thing someone with BD is not to continue to take their medications. I can testify to my personal experience that when, for whatever reason, my medication wasn't working, I got tired and fed up with struggling until we found a medication that would.

The third is to prioritize your sleep. Good bedtime hygiene is crucial. Strive for a consistent sleep agenda and create a relaxing environment to ensure you get enough restorative sleep; even if you have to nap or two, get your rest. I can't say that enough. We all look at life differently when rested. Walking, exercising, and Physical activity can positively impact your mood and overall well-being and help you sleep better.  Find an exercise routine you enjoy and can stick with; being easy on yourself will help tremendously.

We have covered the definitions of Bipolar Disorder and a mental disorder as we are trying to comprehend how to live with BD together. We have also gone over three things we can do to help us navigate life with BD, along with some individual experiences. I hope this blog convinces you that you can navigate life with BD. We are not alone, and we can do it together. Please follow to continue learning together. If you get frustraited, please remember "Out of difficulties grow miracles." - Jean de La Bruyère,



Recovery is the act, process, or instance of recovering from an economic upturn (as after a depression) and also the process of combating a disorder (such as alcoholism) or a confirmed or perceived problem. These problems could be related to mental health, relationships, or personal development.

The article discusses the impact of mental health awareness on society and individuals, highlighting the significance of learning and supporting those with mental health conditions. https://newsinnings.com/impact-of-mental-health-awareness/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quanisha Davis Found

John Sidebottom The Forgotten Soldier

Junky Journal?