Motivation Monday 1

 



Motivation Monday is in full swing. This morning, I woke up determined to reset my mindset. I adopted a new routine to stay motivated daily, not just on Mondays. The strategy is simple yet vital: getting ready daily. Having battled depression all my life, I've discovered that dressing in something other than pajamas—actual outfits—daily can significantly lift one's spirits. It's been effective for me, and I recommend trying it if you haven't already.

In this new approach, I'm not just dressing up but also grooming myself as if I were heading out. While it may seem routine for those who commute to work, it's different for remote workers who might need to prepare themselves more regularly. Dressing up has never been my thing, or wearing much makeup. However, old advice suggests that you should always leave the house with a touch of powder, mascara, and lipstick. With that in mind, I've started dressing for the day, styling my hair, applying minimal makeup, and brushing my teeth right at the start to enhance my mental well-being and focus.

Today marks the first day of implementing this idea. I set my alarm and was up and ready by 7 a.m. Although it's just the beginning, I already feel more positive about myself and today's tasks. It instills a sense of professionalism in me, which is easy to lose when working from home or managing household duties. I did take a picture of myself holding a paper that says Day 1. I plan to post updates and photos as I do this over the next thirty days. I hope the pictures show any changes in my demeanor, as this routine has the potential to bring about a positive change in me. 

We have discussed the need to motivate ourselves to get ready every day. We have also discussed my plans for the next thirty days. I do hope you will join me on this journey. Your support and shared experiences will be invaluable. I will leave you with this quote, "Either you run the day or the day runs you." -Jim Rohn. Nilizadeh, S., Labreche, F., Sedighian, A., Zand, A., Fernandez, J., Kruegel, C., Stringhini, G., & Vigna, G. (2017). POISED: Spotting Twitter Spam Off the Beaten Paths. https://core.ac.uk/download/111033542.pdf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quanisha Davis Found

John Sidebottom The Forgotten Soldier

Junky Journal?