How Quick Are You?



2Fishes Studio, All rights reserved. 


How fast do you write your blog? Do you work on it tirelessly, or do you use it as a notepad? I live with Bipolar II disorder with rapid cycling, and let me tell you, finding that balance feels impossible. I think this could apply to anyone, but it's an even more significant challenge for those battling daily mental health issues. It also brings to my mind the topic I've already mentioned: obedience and faith.

My realization that I needed to lean more on my faith and obey without questioning led me to finally start these blogs. I'm grateful for the chance to emphasize the purpose of this blog and studio: to bring art, photography, genealogy, history, writing, faith, mental health, and self-care together in one comforting space. It is also a place that holds me accountable and transparent. 

I write my blog in two different ways. However, to be more organized and to help with my battles with my mental health, I have been trying to use Google Keep as my notepad and avoid having a dozen drafts on Blogger. I need to decide where to blog from, as I am currently blogging on three platforms. This reflects one of the struggles of having Bipolar II Disorder. Instead of using the existing blog, I have started new ones twice. Having too many blogs is just confusing and more work than needed as the structure is one of the most significant aids to help with bipolar disorder. Keeping it simple is critical, no matter what your mind tries to tell you. 

I've been thinking about this while learning about blogging. I realized that I need to have faith and be better at listening to what God is trying to tell me. I need to improve at obeying and trusting blindly. This is a journey of rehabilitation after diagnosis, and I can see it coming full circle. It was leaning on my faith and being obedient that allowed me to begin this journey. I must keep reminding myself to go with what God puts in my heart and not question it. That means the answer to my question is to write whatever your higher power gives you whenever you get it, no matter how long it takes. "All in God's time" is what I need to make as one of my daily mantras.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quanisha Davis Found

Remembering Chanty Shiverdecker: A Call for Justice and Community Support

John Sidebottom The Forgotten Soldier